LVN - Home Health Hospice
Job Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse performs patient care in the home following physician’s orders.
• Must be licensed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas.
• Must have reliable transportation and a current driver’s license.
• Home Health and Hospice experience preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Work in patient homes and occasionally in the office. Stooping, bending and lifting up to 100 pounds may be required. Extensive travel including travel in inclement weather may be required.
1) Maintains a clean, neat appearance adhering to the agency's dress code.
2) Furnishes care to patients following the plan of care and according to agency policy.
3) Sets and keeps appointments made with the patients in a timely manner.
4) Participates in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care in accordance with professional standards of practice.
5) Reports changes in patient condition and needs to the physician, disciplines involved in care and Director of Clinical Services in a timely manner.
6) Uses effective interpersonal relations and communications skills.
7) Maintains a professional manner in dealing with both patients and fellow employees.
8) Regularly re-evaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
9) Coordinates services with other disciplines assigned to respective patients.
10) Assists the physician and RN in performing specialized procedures.
11) Participates in weekly case conference.
12) Assists the patient/caregiver in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
13) Other tasks as assigned.
Shift : Day