JOB SUMMARY: Performs clerical duties for the nursing unit, including transcription of physician orders, admission and discharge procedures. Performs under the direction and supervision of a professional nurse and nursing staff members in providing nursing patient care. OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Class I.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
Personal Job-Related Skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Organization and time management skills.
· Keen attention to detail.
Licensure, Registry or Certification
· CPR certification preferred.
· Nursing Assistant course desirable.
· Clerical and medical terminology experience preferred.
· One year experience in medical setting preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements
· Duties of the position require moderate periods of standing, walking and sitting for extended periods.
· Lifting up to 50 pounds and some bending, reaching and stooping.
· Occasional heavy lifting when moving or supporting patients.
Shift : Other