Medication Certified Attendant
Performs a variety of routine care-giving functions in giving direct and indirect care to residents.
A. Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
B. Personal Job-Related Skills: Ability to read and write preferred; effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions. Knowledge of residents' rights.
C. Licensure, Registry or Certification: None required
1. Prior Work Experience: One year experience in a medical setting preferred.
2. Technical Training: Current CPR within 3 months of hire date.
E. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require extended periods of standing and walking. Bending, stooping, twisting, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds.
Occasional heavy lifting when moving or supporting residents who may suddenly become weak or helpless.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Provides Resident Care Services:
1. Assists residents with activities of daily living (dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting) according to their service plan.
2. Supervises resident with their medications according to the six R's to ensure resident safety.
3. Document medication supervision accurately and completely.
4. Follows drug-security policies for proper storage and disposal of medications.
5. Keeps up with an inventory of resident medications and follows procedures to reorder those medications.
6. Reacts calmly in emergency situations and follows appropriate procedures by notifying on-call staff, physician, family/responsible party; contacting services required for care; and gathering appropriate resident documents for healthcare personnel.
7. Accurately fills out incident reports, and notifies physician and responsible party, and follows up on final disposition of incident reports.
8. Accurately documents on all forms and in charts any issues that arise with resident's
Provides Housekeeping and Laundry Services:
1. Cleans all surfaces thoroughly in each resident apartment according to schedule.
2. Reports items in need of repair to maintenance and manager.
3. Uses chemicals properly and safely.
4. Maintains inventory of supplies and notifies manager when items are needed.
5. Documents housekeeping duties on appropriate form.
6. Sorts laundry to prevent damage.
7. Washes clothing and linen in proper chemicals and cold temperatures.
8. Make residents' beds as requested.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day