Performs admission duties for admitting out-patients and emergency patients to hospital services. Processes and files admission records and acts as liaison with patient family members and responsible parties.
A. Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
B. Personal Job-Related Skills: Typing speed of 45 wpm, operation of ten key adding machine/calculator. Familiar with operating personal computers and knowledge of general clerical duties.
C. Licensure, Registry or Certification: None required.
1. Prior Work Experience: Three years supervisory experience in admissions or in a similar environment.
2. Technical Training: None required.
E. Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require intermittent walking, sitting, and standing. Some bending, stooping, and reaching is required with the lifting of items up to a weight of 40 pounds. The ability to comprehend and follow routine written or verbal instructions or directions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Processes patient for admission, ER, outpatient/inpatient registration.
• Obtains insurance information and collects on self-pay accounts.
• Gathers information for the Medicare secondary payer letter.
• Reviews past records for delinquent accounts and refers matter to supervisor if necessary.
• Notifies department of services or tests ordered.
• Does OB/Surgery pre-admit accounts.
• Pre-authorizations for inpatient /outpatient admissions.
• Reviews all record for completeness and accuracy.
• Ordering and stocking supplies.
• Coordinate and accommodate transition and transportation of patient care including outpatient, inpatient, and transfers to higher levels of care.
• Responsible for maintaining and assisting in writing of policies and procedures for the Admission area. This includes admission procedures for training.
• Responsible for training and administering evaluations of all employees in the Admissions Department.
• Communicate and establish a good working relationship with other departments. Keeping them informed of changes in the Admitting area.
• Collaborates with supervisor and all clerks on best practices in the admission process.
• Collection and filing of Culture Reports and ER call backs
• Ensure Admissions department has proper coverage and fills in when needed.
• Answer questions by phone when registration or ER complications arise.
• Monitoring of data entry accuracy in accounts created by ER clerks.
• Coordinate inpatient accounts and troubleshoot issues with inpatient unit.
• Collaborate with Business Office and correct errors or counsel registration personnel on errors as needed.
• Complete all surgical accounts and conduct financial arrangements for surgery.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT REQUIREMENTS:
A. Always maintains confidentiality.
B. Provides service direct to patients while maintaining a positive
patient relation atmosphere.
C. Follows safety guidelines and policies for the Hospital.
Shift : Day